Due to the ongoing strike by its musicians, upcoming concerts through October 27 must be canceled, Pittsburgh Symphony Inc. announced today.
The canceled concerts include:
- BNY Mellon Grand Classics: Pinchas Zukerman on October 7 & 9
- BNY Mellon Grand Classics: Dvorak’s New World on October 14-16
- FUSE@PSO: Bartok + Bjork on October 19
- Music 101 on October 19
- Classical Mystery Tour: Sgt. Pepper’s 50th Anniversary on October 22
- Canady Symphony Series at WVU: The Music of John Williams on October 27
No other Pittsburgh Symphony concerts are affected at this time.
Heinz Hall concerts and events are unaffected and the following will go on as scheduled:
- Il Divo: Amor & Pasion Tour on October 3
- Pittsburgh Speakers Series: Rita Moreno on October 5
- Brian Regan on October 8
- ARW (Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman) on October 12
- Pittsburgh Speakers Series: Ehud Barak on October 26
- Carol Burnett on October 27
“We deeply regret the cancellations of these additional concerts,” said Melia Tourangeau, president and CEO of the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra. “We understand the disappointment this causes patrons and we appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time.”
Ticketholders will be notified as soon as possible with options for handling unused tickets. Options for ticket holders include exchanging their tickets for Heinz Hall performances later in the 2016-2017 season, donating their tickets to the Pittsburgh Symphony, or receiving a refund. The box office can be reached at 412-392-4900. In addition, pittsburghsymphony.org will share the most up-to-date information and updates for patrons about the status of future concerts.
For updates on the status of negotiations, please visit PSOupdate.com.