– Today's matinee performance was awesome. I fully support symphony matinees and you should too. The audience was impressively full, considering it was the middle of the day and I thought everyone would be at work. But it was cool experience and I'm glad I got to go.
A Blog In Bullets – Bethany Hensel
– You remember a while ago I posted about the conductor's podium and how someone must have fallen off it before they put that metal bar going across the back? Well, today I saw that metal bar be put to the test today with conductor Gianadrea Noseda. He was giving it a shining with his butt today! Ha ha. 🙂
– Conductor Gianandrea Noseda is awesome. And he looked like a crazy marionette doll while he was conducting. Nothing reserved about this guy. He was totally into the music and moving like crazy, and sweating like a horse, too.
– I got hit in the forehead with a droplet of Gianadrea Noseda's sweat.
– Benjamin Hochman has a beautiful profile.
– Did you ever play a video game and you find yourself moving your body as if that'll actually help your character avoid dying? Benjamin Hochman reminded me of that at his piano.
– Benjamin Hochman is talented beyond description. But…
– The prize of the night easily went to Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 3.
– Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 3 is divided into five movements. They were all very, very good. I was going to say the first movement was my favorite, but then I thought about it and realized that I really liked the third. But then I also really enjoyed the fourth. The second was beautiful. But the finale…now THAT is what I call a finale. It's the finale you imagine a full orchestra is capable of. It's the finale you WANT a full orchestra to be capable of. And the PSO is definitely capable.
– Benjamin Hochman signed autographs in the lobby during intermission. I unfortunately missed him. No one told me. 🙁
– There is a guy in the viola section that wore the most fun tie today. I don't know his name, but look for him tomorrow and Saturday. If he's still wearing the tie, you can't miss it. If he's not, then I guess the only thing I can tell you is to keep your eye out for the Asian guy in the black tuxedo. :)
– There are more dark-haired people in the orchestra than blondes.
– Which leads me to believe blonds might have more fun, but brunettes (like myself) can keep better rhythm. 🙂
– The little sandwiches sold today at the bar are sooooo good. Eat two. One will not satisfy at all.
– Okay. That's it. Until next time. 🙂